Monday, January 03, 2005

GOD upto now ...

I have several questions about my beliefs in what i think is right. Primary among these things is my belief in the rightness of GOD and the morals that he brings about. What is morally right and is what is morally right good or bad ? Are the answers to these questions circumstantial or absolute ? Is there God and if there is GOD what is the meaning of GOD?

Today i want to post some of my earlier thoughts on GOD and the evolution of GOD as a real entity in my life in the early years.


As it is with every other kid I first learnt about GOD through my Parents and Grandparents ... who used to use the term 'Jezu' (konkani Jesus) to refer to the person who was the ultimate creator and judge. For many years i believed that GOD was the reason why man was good. It is because he feared GOD and his parents (who thought him about GOD and what is right and wrong in GOD's sight) that he chose to do right (whatever right was).


Somewhere towards the end of my high school I changed my views based on happenings at that time. To me GOD became the ultimate tool that man fell back on. He (yes to me GOD was male) was the person to whom all fortune and (more often) misfortune could be alluded to. He was a real being having no real existence but a place reserved in every mind (including the agnostic mind). The more predominant view is that of the ultimate person on whom man banked upon in the most hopeless and desperate of all situations. It seems to me that i had come to the dooctrine of "First Cause" indirectly with my line of thought.



That view of God stayed on till recently. One of the first belief of mine that i questioned is that of my belif in GOD(a belief i still hold very firmly as RIGHT) and the church(which has significantly diminished since). I am still reading and pondering on the knowledge that i am assimilating about GOD both from the believing camps of all religions and the camp of men and women who are truly agnostic i.e those who know what GOD is supposed to be and yet do not agree with the concept of GOD.


My quest continues and i will keep adding to this journal of mine thoughts and revelations that i find necessarily important in my final formulation of the role of GOD and the church in my life.
... Sleep takes its toll again...........

No comments: