Monday, January 03, 2005

Blog Journal ?

This blog is mine. This blog is primarily for me. I think it is like an open journal. It is supposed to be my private journal but i write it online - a place where privacy loses its dictionary meaning.
Then why do i write at a place like this is one of the questions i am bound to ask myself sometime in the future. Why maintain a personal journal in a public domain. I think at this point of time i do have an answer.

I am not big and famous enough to fear the fact that my journal will be read by others. I might tell a few of my friends of this but i honestly dont think that they really will check this place out and read all the stuff that i put up ... that is if they really visit this place. The loss of privacy is something that the famous and infamous have to fear .... not insignificant mortals like me. And if someone does read this they would probably find nothing out of the ordinary.
It has been more than three years since i have done some serious thinking about life and what it holds for me. A statement made by my father changed that. "Right is relative" ..just three words thought me a big lesson.

It made me question my life and whether all i have done upto now is right in the absolute sense.The profound depth of my father's statement struck me.
In the future suppose i lose my way i want to read this and remind myself what it is that i had envisioned for myself I need a place of permenant storage that does not require a password (cause passwords are always forgotten) to store my thoughts.


Late night typing is taking its toll on this entry but I hope it is sufficient enough to convince me in the future that this blog is for me and started with a selfish purpose.

1 comment:

Geoff said...

Smart words from a smart man. Excellent description and analysis of the online diary.